March 31, 2020 – Update #3
Hi Church Family,
I want to start off by saying, we love you and miss you! These last two weeks have been very difficult for all of us. The good in all this is that we have been blessed to keep livestreaming our weekly services, posting daily devotions, and having the church office open to minister to the needs of our body as they arise. The bad part is that we continue to see the Coronavirus spread and many states requiring their residents to Shelter in Place. I thank God it has not come down to that for us here in Southern Utah but our Governor has extended his recommendations until April 13th. He has strongly recommended us to “Stay Safe, Stay Home” in order to help protect one another and keep this virus from spreading.
As hard as this is, I still believe it is our responsibility as followers of Christ to submit to our governing authorities so we will continue to support the Governor’s decision. We will continue to livestream our weekly services and our church doors remain open during normal hours with our pastors and staff available to you. I know this is not the outcome we were all hoping for. We all miss gathering together, worshiping the Lord, serving and fellowshipping with one another. Beloved, I want you to know this decision is not made lightly but through much prayer and seeking Gods direction. Let’s not resort to grumbling or complaining, but I want to encourage you to keep your eyes fixed on the Lord because He is the one who will give us the strength, courage, and peace we need to get through this time.
I am reminded of John 16:33, “These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.”
In Christ, we too are overcomers. In the coming weeks let’s continue to spend our time at home wisely – strengthening ourselves and our families spiritually through God’s Word, praying, and worshiping God. Continue to reach out and help one another as God leads you, reminding one another that Jesus has overcome the world, and He is our strength, peace, and comfort for each day. The following are some ways we can encourage and serve one another.
Ways our staff will minister to the church body:
- Church office hours will change starting April 6th to Monday – Saturday 9:00am to 5:30pm and Sundays 12noon to 3:00pm
- All services livestreamed on Facebook, YouTube, Livestream (church website) – Sundays 9:00am and Wednesdays 7:00pm
- Daily Devotions on Facebook (search Calvary Chapel St. George, then LIKE our page)
- DVD’s and Audio CD’s available for church family that do not have access to internet
- Prayer and Fasting – Every Monday
- Drive Through Prayer in the Parking Lot – Wednesdays 10:00am – 1:00pm and Sundays 12noon to 3:00pm
- If you need help with grocery shopping, prescriptions, basic necessities, or any other way, please call the church office at 435.674.4955. We are here to serve you.
Ways you can join us in ministering to the body:
- Reach out and stay connected to other families, people you serve with, fellowship with, through phone calls, texts, emails, notecards, FaceTime. Encourage, serve, and pray for one another in any way the Spirit enables you.
- If you have a desire to help families in need, please call the church office at 435.674.4955 and give Michelle your name and number in order for us to contact you as we become aware of needs.
We will continue to keep you posted as time goes on. Until then Beloved, keep your eyes and hearts fixed on Jesus. Look forward with me to the day we will be able to gather together again under one roof to worship God and celebrate His unfailing love and faithfulness to us. What a joy-filled day that will be!
In His Grip,
March 19, 2020
Hi Church Family,
I pray you are all resting in God’s strength. To say we are living in unprecedented times is definitely an understatement. With each new day we see how the Coronavirus is negatively impacting our world, even here in our community of St. George. In times like this we want to have a positive impact by living out what we see in Galatians 6:9-10, “Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.” We have an incredible opportunity during this crisis to shine as the church of Christ. The world needs to see genuine love in action. To see believers caring for their neighbors and for one another.
Another scripture that comes to mind is Proverbs 27:23, “Be diligent to know the state of your flocks, and attend to your herds.” My heart through all of this is to make sure our church family is cared for and that as a church body we would make ourselves available to those in need. We may not be able to meet every need but we can be there to encourage and direct one another to the LORD. To help make sure no one feels like they are alone or that they have nowhere to turn for help. This is really important to me and I’m sure it is to you. So, here are a few ways I believe the Lord is leading us in caring for one another specifically during the next few weeks (March 18 thru March 31).
Ways the church is being a blessing to our church family and others:
· The Church Office will remain OPEN – Tuesday thru Friday 9am to 5:30pm
· Church Staff Is Available – If you or someone you know needs prayer we are here for you. You can come in to the office and a pastor will pray with you. You can also email your prayer requests to email@example.com or call the church office at 435.674.4955 and one of our pastors can pray with you. If you have an iPhone, we can also FaceTime and pray with you.
· If you do not have access to watch our Livestream Church Services, we are recording services onto CD’s & DVD’s. You can stop by the church office to pick up a free copy, we can mail it to you, or we can drop it off at your home. Call the church office and we can work out which is best for you.
· If you need help with grocery shopping, picking up prescriptions, or necessary items (ie: Baby wipes, Pampers, Toilet Paper, Medicine, Food) please call the church office @ 435.674.4955. We are pulling resources together to help provide so please do not hesitate to reach out.
Ways you can join us and be a blessing to others:
· Be willing to reach out to other families – phone calls, texts, emails, notecards, stay connected with one another. Encourage, serve, and pray for one another in whatever way God enables you.
· If you have a desire to help families in need, you can call the church office 435.674.4955 and give Michelle your name and number in order for us to contact you as we become aware of needs.
· Join us in a church wide Day of Fasting and Prayer – March 23rd and March 30th. We need to turn to God in humility and intercede for our President, leaders, pastors, church family, families who have lost loved ones, those infected, quarantined, and for God to put an end to this virus. For those working diligently to find a cure. For protection over all medical personnel caring for the sick and over us.
Beloved, may our prayer be, Lord empty us of ourselves and fill us with Your Holy Spirit so that we as a family, will live out Philippians 4:3-4 by not being selfish but looking out for the needs of others and in doing so, we will be a powerful witness of God’s love to a hurting world.
In His grip,
Hi Church Family,
As of March 12, 2020, the governor of Utah, Gary Herbert, along with the Coronavirus Task Force made a public announcement that the state will be taking preemptive public health measures to protect people and help slow down the spread of COVID-19. In their announcement, they made some specific recommendations for larger gatherings, church services, concerts, and sporting events. Here are a few of the recommendations for the next two weeks:
- To limit mass gatherings to less than 100, including church meetings, concerts and conferences.
- Those over the age of 60 and those with compromised immune systems should avoid gatherings of more than 20 people
This will be in effect starting March 16th to March 30th and could continue until further notice. As followers of Christ, it is important that we submit to those in authority (Romans 13:1-2) and when it concerns the safety of God’s people, we 100% support this decision. Our desire is to take heed to the seriousness of this virus and to do our part to keep it from spreading. As I mentioned in the video, in uncertain times like this we need to rely on what we know to be true – God is still on His throne and in control (Psalm 47:8). It’s His Word that will comfort and sustain us through every storm in life. The Bible also tells us not to live in fear (2 Timothy 1:7) but to walk by faith (2 Corinthians 5:7) and in His wisdom (Ephesians 5:15-16). So for the next two weeks here is what we plan to do.
We will be canceling all church service gatherings but will be livestreaming a service for you to watch online. Each service will have a time of worship, announcements, and Bible Study. Even though we will not be gathering corporately, we encourage you to continue to send in your tithes and support for workers on the field by giving online, mailing in your check, or dropping it by the church office. The church office will remain open and the church and pastoral staff available for you during normal office hours.
- Sunday Service 9am – Livestream online
- Wednesday Service 7pm – Livestream online
- We plan to record a service for Children’s Ministry as well that will post on Facebook.
- Life Groups will not meet – we encourage you to watch the Wednesday night service in lieu of.
We will be posting video devotions during the week to continue to encourage and minister to you the best way we can.
The following ministries will not meet:
- PEL – March 15th
- Hour of Prayer – March 15th
- Men’s Tuesday Morning Fellowship – March 17th
- Life Groups Leader Meeting – March 22nd
- Men’s Tuesday Morning Fellowship – March 24th
- Ladies Bible Study – March 26th
- Harbor Open Mic – March 27th
- Spring Cleaning – March 28th
- Jenn Bostic (Guest Worship) – March 29th
- Youth Ministry Parents Meeting – March 29th
We will continue to keep you informed so please check our web page and social media for updates. We also would like to ask you to help us keep our church family informed by passing on posted information to those you know who do not use social media or the internet. Beloved, it’s time for us to be a light, share the hope we have in Christ, and continue to follow Jesus and make Him known.
In His Grip,