May 7th, 2020
Hi Church Family,
I want to start by thanking the Lord for answered prayer! On May 6th we received confirmation that church services can resume. Praise the LORD! The one non-negotiable stipulation is the 6 ft. social distancing required by the CDC. As I have said from the beginning, we want to remain faithful to God’s word, to loving one another, and to being a good witness to our community.
As we move forward with resuming services, I want you to know that we have been praying and preparing for this day. I also want you to know that our main motivation in the following plan is the spiritual and physical well-being of our church body. It is our responsibility as followers of Christ to submit to our governing authorities (Romans 13) so we will continue to follow our Governors recommendations.
This is the first phase of our plan to resume in person worship services. As guidelines are updated, our plan will also be updated so I am asking you all to be flexible, patient, and extend love to one another. With that said, I am so blessed to announce that we will resume in person worship services starting this Saturday, May 9 and Sunday, May 10. Please understand that although we are all very thankful and excited, I do need to prepare you that our services will be different than what we’re all used to but different is a good thing.
Here is the plan:
- In order to best minister to our church family we will be going to four services to help spread everyone out and abide with the recommended social distancing.
- Worship services – Saturday 6:00pm, Sunday 8:00am, 9:45am, 11:30am. In this first phase, all services will be family services. There will be no Nursery or Children’s Ministry so you are welcome to sit with your family. Here is where we all need to be flexible and extend love to one another. There will be some adjustments but please be patient and let’s thank the Lord that we have the blessing to worship together again. We will resume Nursery and Children’s Ministry as soon as possible.
- We have set up the Sanctuary and the MPR (Multi-Purpose Room) in order to maintain the 6 ft. social distancing. This will limit our seating for now to roughly 125 people.
- We will livestream the 9:45am and 11:30am service. We want to continue to minister and care for those who are unable to attend due health concerns or those who choose to remain at home until the next phase. We love you, we miss you and we will continue to pray that we can all worship together soon.
- To help us better prepare for the services, please click on the link and let us know which service you plan to attend. Keep in mind, we need to spread out as equally as possible for each service.
These are some of the changes to accommodate the guidelines we’ve been given:
- Hand sanitizer will be available at each entrance. Out of love we ask everyone to use it before entering the building.
- It is recommended that everyone over the age of 65 wear a face mask. Please bring your own.
- Before and after services, we will not be able to linger in the commons areas.
- We will not be serving coffee.
- The Bookstore will be closed during services but will be open during business hours.
Offering & Bibles
- We will not be passing the offering bags – you can give online or Offering Boxes will be available.
- We will not be handing out Bibles – please bring your own.
Exiting the Building
- In the Sanctuary – you may exit through the south west and east doors near the stage. Also both back doors of the sanctuary leading out into the west and east commons.
- In the Multipurpose Room – you can exit main double doors on the north side of the room.
- Church staff and volunteers will be cleaning and sanitizing before and after every service.
- If you or anyone in your family are sick, please, out of love for others, STAY HOME.
Remember that this plan is only the first phase and temporary so please be flexible, be patient, and extend love to one another.
God bless you all.
In His Grip,